5 Reasons to Replace Your Home’s Insulation:
- Your A/C Bill is High: Air conditioning makes up a large part of your utility bill. If you notice that your utility bill is high, you may need to replace your home insulation.
- Some Rooms are Hot, Others are Cold: It is very common to have one room always colder or hotter than the others. This is a tell-tale sign that you have an insulation issue.
- There are Signs of Aging: The older the home, the older the insulation. Since older insulation doesn’t compare in quality to the insulation that is put into homes today, it’s important to check and make sure that your insulation is in good condition. The best way to see if your home has old insulation is to put on a glove and feel the insulation in your attic. If it starts coming off easily, it’s time to get newer sturdier insulation that will last longer and save you money.
- You Have a Pest Problem: Insects and other pests love to make their homes in your insulation, especially in the attic or basement. If you have ever had an infestation of pests, it is essential to check your insulation.
- There is Water damage: Water can easily seep through your roof or walls during a rainstorm. If your insulation doesn’t dry after a storm, it is susceptible to mold.
Read more about why you should replace your home insulation this summer here. You can also contact Good Life Energy Savers with any questions you have about the types of home insulation available to you and they will make your home more energy-efficient. Call 203-297-6337 to contact our office for more information.
Don’t forget to follow us on our social media pages for more energy saving tips and insulation news.
LIKE us on Facebook
FOLLOW us on Twitter
ADD us to your circles on Google+